Hydrophilic crystalline admixture used to provide long-term protection.
Krystol Mortar Admixture™ (KMA)
Browse Our Products
Krystol Mortar Admixture (KMA) is a hydrophilic crystalline admixture used to provide long-term protection of masonry mortars and concrete masonry units against water and waterborne contaminants by reducing permeability and absorption of the mortar.
KMA simplifies installation by removing the need for surface applied sealers and is easily incorporated into the existing mix-design and application processes. KMA provides superior waterproofing performance that lowers building maintenance and repair costs.
How It Works
KMA is a dry powder added directly to the mortar during mixing. The crystals that form block the capillary pores and micro-cracks within the mortar, reducing the permeability and providing waterproof protection.
- Lowers upfront building costs compared to surface applied sealers
- Simplifies installation, eliminating labour, and shortening the construction cycle
- Increases the life of your mortar and decreases building maintenance and repair costs
- Increases durability and delivers a permanent solution with materials designed to last the lifetime of the mortar
- Maintains the original appearance and cleanliness for lasting building attractiveness
Use KMA to provide permanent protection for:
- Rendering and plastering mortar (including stucco and other thin topping mixes) over concrete masonry walls or other prepared substrates
- Masonry mortar (i.e., mortar that goes between the masonry units)
- Concrete masonry units (i.e., bricks and blocks when they are manufactured)
Offering information and support to Architects, Engineers, Suppliers, Builders and Tradesmen.Learn More
Offering consulting services and educational seminars for architects, engineers and other professionals.Learn More
Homeowners / DIY
Offering support and easy instruction to the Do-it-Yourselfer for residential waterproofing.Learn More
Tank Repair, Parking Structures, Detection & Leak Repair, Consultation.Learn More