HARD-CEM®Admixture used to increase abrasion and erosion resistance of concrete.
Browse Our Products
Hard-Cem is an Integral Hardening Admixture used to increase abrasion and erosion resistance of concrete.
Hard-Cem is added at time of batching to increase the service life of concrete by dramatically reducing wear from erosion and abrasion. It outperforms and overcomes deficiencies of labor intensive surface applied hardeners, and can be used to enhance durability of both airentrained and non-air-entrained concretes. Since it is integral, Hard-Cem can be used to harden horizontal, vertical or inclined concrete and shotcrete surfaces.
How It Works
When added to concrete, Hard-Cem’s proprietary technology increases the hardness of the concrete paste and reduces fine and coarse aggregate exposure that creates degradation to concrete surfaces. Since it is integral, it continues to offer surface wear resistance throughout its life. By increasing the abrasive-erosive service life of concrete, maintenance costs are reduced and replacement of the concrete is substantially deferred.
- Extends concrete wearlife 2-6 times under harsh conditions
- Only hardener that can be used with air-entrained concrete*
- Full-depth concrete hardening*
- Lowers installed cost*
- Expedites construction schedules*
- Reduces maintenance costs and improves concrete sustainability
- Improves worksite safety and conditions (dust free)*
- Improves quality control*
- No side effects on concrete water demand, workability, set time, strength development or shrinkage
- Can be used in horizontal, vertical or inclined concrete
Hard-Cem can be used in any Ready Mix, Shotcrete or Precast concrete to improve abrasion and erosion resistance, and extend the wear life of the concrete. It is typically used in:
- Mining, Oil & Gas
Offering information and support to Architects, Engineers, Suppliers, Builders and Tradesmen.Learn More
Offering consulting services and educational seminars for architects, engineers and other professionals.Learn More
Homeowners / DIY
Offering support and easy instruction to the Do-it-Yourselfer for residential waterproofing.Learn More
Tank Repair, Parking Structures, Detection & Leak Repair, Consultation.Learn More
- Type E Additive
- Krystol T1 & T2
- Krystol Internal Membrane
- Krystol Mortar Admixture™
- Krystol Plug™
- Krystol Baricote™
- Krystol Waterstop Grout™
- Krystol Waterstop Treatment™
- Hydropel™ Sealer (Formerly Hydrostop)
- Restore and Protect System
- Call for full line of Tremco products.